- Supply Chain Management Consulting
- Distribution Center Design
- Product Sourcing / Manufacturing Facility Planning
- Manufacturing Strategic Planning
- Materials Handling and Storage Systems
- Automatic ID and Data Collection Systems
- Modeling and Simulation
- Information and Control Systems
- Automating for Results
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Productivity Audit and Evaluation
Distribution Center Design - From Planning through Startup
Consultleague professionals have developed short- and long-range improvement programs for distribution centers in the hard, soft and capital goods industries for wholesale, retail and internet / mail order firms (see also eCommerce order fufillment). The scope varies from over $70 million green field site programs to reconfiguration of existing distribution and manufacturing operations design.
Work has included the evaluation, selection, implementation and successful start of a variety of WMS solutions. These efforts have been accomplished in both green-field and the more challenging operational sites. Projects have included transitioning from proprietery solutons, upgrades to existing WMS and replacement of existing WMS. The solutions have included "best-in-class" WMS selections requiring integration with enterprise management systems as well as packages that are a part of an enterprise system. Some efforts have been the installation of additional modules to existing WMS environments (TMS, order management and similar).
Clients have relied upon us for project justifications, site selection, building/land use concept development, process design and development, materials handling system design, facility layout and distribution center design, supplier selection, contracting support (note: not including legal), project management, systems acceptance test development and performance and start-up support. We bring to these tasks extensive experience with:
- Conveying systems, including in-line sizing / weighing / labeling
- Automated guided vehicle systems;
- Unit, mini and micro-load automatic storage and retrieval systems;
- Wide variety of industrial vehicles including narrow-aisle, man-up, turret, cantilever, straddle trucks
- Belt, roller and various accumulating/sorting systems;
- Horizontal and vertical carousels;
- Bin shelving and racking systems for random, dedicated or mixed storage; robotic handling;
- High-speed sortation systems and related equipment.
Experience with information and material control systems for receipt, movement, storage, and retrieval of material with associated activity processing, inventory controls and reporting capability provides the client with solution opportunities that work!